How to setup an X32 Rack as an S16
The X32 Rack can be setup to function as an S16, (either as first or second S16). These instructions are for firmware version 2 (or newer) which introduced the XLR out tab of the Routing screen to allow outputs from FOH X32 to be redirected to the Rack outputs directly.
- Connect the AES50 cable from FOH to the AES50-A port of the Rack.
- If an S16 is added, set the S16 in mode 1 and connect the AES50 cable from the S16 AES50-A port to the Rack AES50-B port.
- Goto the Routing screen of the Rack
X32 Rack as the first S16
The Rack inputs (1-16) need to be routed to the FOH
- AES50-a, Outputs 1-8 -> Local 1-8
- AES50-a, Outputs 9-16 -> Local 9-16
The S16 inputs need to be transferred through the Rack to the FOH
- AES50-a, Outputs 17-24 -> AES50 B1-8
- AES50-a, Outputs 25-32 -> AES50 B9-16
The Rack outputs need to be assigned outputs 1-8 from FOH
- XLR Out, Outputs 1-4 -> AES50 A1-4
- XLR Out, Outputs 5-8 -> AES50 A5-8
The S16 outputs need to be assigned outputs 9-16 from FOH
- AES50-b, Outputs 1-8 -> AES50 A1-8
If the Ultranet from FOH is to be transferred to the S16
- AES50-b, Outputs 33-40 -> AES50 A33-40
- AES50-b, Outputs 41-48 -> AES50 A41-48
X32 Rack as the second S16 X32 Rack as a second S16
HA Preamp setup HA Remote Preamp Setup