X32 PRODUCER: USB Screen
The USB screen’s home tab provides a general overview of the recording/playback process for audio files residing on the attached USB drive. It offers a basic set of transport controls, as well as metering and a list of files available for playback.
To adjust the various settings on the USB screen’s home tab, perform the following steps:
1. Tap the 1st encoder to stop playback of the audio file.
2. Tap the 2nd encoder to play back audio from the currently loaded audio file.
3. Tap the 3rd encoder to rewind the audio.
4. Tap the 4th encoder to fast forward the audio.
5. Tap the 5th encoder to record audio from the currently configured audio path, to the attached USB drive.
6. Rotate the 6th encoder to select an audio track from the currently attached USB drive.
7. Tap the 6th encoder to begin playback of the selected audio file.
A list of available audio files is displayed on the right hand side of the screen. When the currently loaded track finishes playback, the next track in the list will begin playback. This allows assorted audio tracks on the USB drive to be played back in sequence and used as “break music” during a break in the band’s set.
The USB screen’s home tab also contains the following helpful displays:
- Stereo meter displays for the recorder input level
- Stereo output meters for the playback level of the file currently playing back
- A list of available tracks on the attached USB drive
USB Screen: Configuration Tab
The configuration tab allows setting up all aspects of the stereo recorder. In this screen, one can select audio paths to feed to the recorder and adjust the level of incoming audio.
To adjust the various settings on the USB screen’s configuration tab, perform the following steps:
1. Tap the 1st encoder to select a folder to save the recorded audio files to.
- A pop-up window appears, displaying all available folders on the attached drive.
- Rotate the first encoder to select an available folder.
- Tap the first encoder to select the currently highlighted folder.
- Tap the 2nd encoder to select the folder and return to the main interface.
2. Rotate the 2nd encoder to adjust the input trim for the currently selected channel of the stereo recorder. A stereo input meter on the left side of the screen shows the current input level.
3. Tap the 2nd encoder to select the left or right input of the stereo recorder for further configuration.
4. Rotate the 3rd encoder to select the category of input to feed to the currently selected channel of the stereo recorder.
- Main (LRC)
- Mix Bus
- Direct Out
5. Rotate the 4th encoder to select the specific signal source to feed the currently selected channel of the stereo recorder.
- Main L
- Main R
- Main C/M
- Any of the 16 Mix Bus Outputs
- Any of the 6 matrix outputs
- Any of the 32 direct outputs
- Direct Outputs Aux 1-8
- Any of the FX Direct Outputs
- Monitor L
- Monitor R
6. Rotate the 5th encoder to select the signal tap point that the selected audio path is tapped from when feeding currently selected channel of the stereo recorder. Choices include:
- Pre EQ
- Post EQ
7. Tap the 6th encoder to toggle the “playback folder” mode on/off.
- When playback folder mode is OFF, the transport will stop after playing the currently selected audio file. This is useful for situations like triggering audio cues or sound effects in a theatrical setting.
- When playback folder mode is ON, the transport will continue playing back all audio files residing in the currently selected folder one by one. This is useful for playing back several songs during a break in the main set, allowing the attached USB drive to act as a source for “break music”.