X32 RACK: How do I use an outboard effects processor?
In some situations, you may wish to use a loop-style effect provided by an external effect processor, as opposed to using one of the eight built-in processors. To do so:
- Press the ROUTE button, page right to the “Aux Out” screen, and adjust the first and fourth encoders to tie a rear panel ¼" aux out, such as Aux Out 1, to an available mix bus, such as Mix Bus 2.
- Patch rear panel Aux Output 1 to the input of your external effects processor.
- Patch the output of the external effects processor to rear panel Aux Input 1.
- Rotate the Channel Select knob until A1 appears in the display, the press the knob. On the Home screen, ‘home’ tab, verify that the Main LR is highlighted.
- Move the Aux 1 channel level to 0 dB.
- Adjust the settings on the external effects processor to taste.